Why Invest in Afghanistan?
Strategic Geographical Position Connecting Central Asia to South Asia, and Leading to Europe
Trade & Economy
· Free market economy led by private sector initiatives
· Unprecedented economic growth (GDP growth from USD 2.2 billion in 2002 to USD 21.8 billion in 2014)
· Utilization of Preferential Trade Agreements and Systems (with India, China, Europe, USA, and etc.)
· Availability of skilled labor
· Increased market demand
Tax & Duties
· Flexible tax and duty regime
· 20% corporate tax
· 0% Duty on import of machineries
· 1% Duty on import of raw materials
· Carry forward of losses (An accounting technique that applies the current year’s net operating losses to future years’ profits in order to reduce tax liability).