An insight into the exotic land of Thailand
• Thailand received 946,269 Indian tourists last year.
• Minister revealed that target for 2015 is 1,050,000 arrivals.
• 60 per cent of repeat travelers popularly visit Phuket, Chiang Mai, Samui, Chiang Rai, Krabi and Ayutthaya.
• The Indian travelers spending have risen to 40,000 Thai baht per person per trip from 38,000 Thai Baht earlier.
• There are 140 weekly flights with modern 30 thousand seats from India to Thailand.
• Indian travelers get visa on the arrival facilities at Thailand’s International checkpoints very easily.
• The ‘12 hidden Gems’ of the Thainess campaign includes Lampang, Phetchabun, Nan, Buriram, Loei, Samut Songkhram, Ratchaburi, Trat, Chanthaburi, Trang, Chumphon and Nakhon Si Thammarat.
• Last year about 100 Indian couples came for their wedding in Thailand.
• Length of stay of Indian travelers to Thailand has increased to 7 days initially it was 4 to 5 days.
• 107 Indian films were shot and produced in Thailand in 2014.
• Marked rise in the number of Indian film-makers, MICE, destination weddings, honeymooners, seniors and special interest groups like golfers, divers and bikers.